What is a Cashier?
Cashiers help customers with purchases at stores like supermarkets, malls, private shops etc. The main roles include working at the till, accepting payments, giving change, advising on products, accepting refunds and bagging bought items. Cashiers are also responsible for representing the company in a courteous manner, since they are often the only company representative that the customer interacts when they make a purchase.
- Accept cash, credit card and similar payments from customers.
- Give appropriate change and receipts and bag items if needed.
- Scan goods and inform customers of the final price of their purchases.
- Issue refunds in accordance with the store refund policy and check for damages.
- Interact with customers and help resolve problems.
- Advise customers on product specifications and pricing.
- Greet customers when they enter the store.
- Clean the equipment, surfaces and surroundings at the store.
Common Skills and Requirements
Communication, Friendliness, Punctuality, Positive Attitude
Operating the till, Accepting credit card payments
Average Cashier Salary
Local minimum wage – 25,000 € per year
Cashier CV Examples
Package Handler / Cashier
- Package Handler, UPS (Jun 2003 – Present)
- Cashier / Sales Associate, Best Buy (Jul 2013 – Dec 2015)
- Cashier, K. Mitchell & Associates (Dec 1998 – Dec 2000)
- High School Diploma, Miami Edison Sr High (1990 – 1994)
- Cashier, KFC (Sep 2015 – Apr 2016)
- Cashier, Betfred (Mar 2017 – Sep 2017)
- High School Diploma
Cash handling, Customer Service, Organisational and planning skills
Cashier / Sales Associate
- Cashier / Sales Associate, Mad Butcher Shirley (2014 – Present)
- Barmaid, Shirley Working Mens Club (2015 – Present)
- High School Diploma, Burnside Highschool (2009 – 2013)
Sales & Till Work, Customer Service, Communication, Working under pressure
Cashier / Sales Advisor
- Cashier, Carrefour Market (Aug 2017 – Present)
- Cashier, Carrefour Market (Jun 2011 – Jan 2014)
- Cashier, Carrefour Hyper (Jun 2010 – Dec 2010)
- Sales Advisor, Kiabi (Apr 2009 – Dec 2009)
- Sales Advisor, Kiabi (Aug 2008 – Dec 2009)
- Bachelor in Commerce, Delhi University (1999)
- Professional diploma in software technology and system managements from NIIT (1999)
- Cashier, Shaws Supermarket (Jun 2014 – Oct 2014)
- Teacher, Zokar Ulqan Shahrestan Primary School (Mar 2007 – Mar 2009)
- Bachelors Degree, International Relations, Uludag University (Sep 2011 – Jun 2015)
- High School, Zokar Ulqan Shahrestan High School (Mar 2006 – Nov 2009)