What is a Front End Developer?
Front End Developers create and implement visual and interactive elements that end-users engage with through a website or an application. They are responsible for designing visually appealing and functional interfaces that attract and maintain customer’s attention for a specific goal – e.g. until a sale is made.
Front End Developer Duties
- Build systems to meet the business requirements, and to ensure a high degree of maintainability.
- Work with the Development Team Leader to provide estimates and agree on priorities and timescales.
- Provide updates on progress.
- Participate in all aspects of the project lifecycle, following stringent rules and procedures for testing and promoting code in compliance with company change control processes.
- Develop detailed test plans and ensure rigorous testing is undertaken.
- Provide support for projects during installation and post-implementation.
- Provide ongoing maintenance of completed code as required.
- Utilize standards, architectures, and processes to ensure that all code and development practices conform to company guidelines and industry best practice.
- Take responsibility to ensure delivered functionality is fully dev tested against acceptance criteria for each work item before scheduled demonstrations.
- Ensuring high performance and availability across all web products.
- Provide technical leadership in the application of front-end technologies across a range of products for the internal web development team.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality.
Common Skills and Requirements
Creativity, Persistence, Positive Attitude, Communication, Time Management
Average Front End Developer Salary
€40,000 – €60,000 per year
Front End Developer CV Examples
Front-End Web Developer
- Front End Web Developer, The E-Commerce Workroom (May 2017 – Sep 2017)
- Freelance Web Developer, Self-Employed (2016 – Present)
- Sales Assistant, DW Sports Retail Store (2016 – Sep 2017)
- Founder & Lead Vocalist, Impact Band (2012 – Present)
- Extended Degree, Business & Information Technology, University of Greenwich (Sep 2017 – Jun 2021)
Front End Developer
- Front End Developer, Koala (Apr 2017 – Present)
- Front End Developer, Australian Broadcasting Corporation (Sep 2016 – Apr 2017)
- Front End Developer, AnalogFolk (Aug 2016 – Sep 2016)
- Software Engineer, One Laptop per Child (Feb 2015 – Aug 2016)
- IT Management, Five Star HR, Allambie (Aug 2012 – Present)
Front End Developer
- Front End Developer, Norsk European Wholesale LTD (Jul 2016 – Apr 2018)
- Web Developer, MarketOne International LLP (Sep 2015 – Apr 2016)
- Freelance Front End Developer, GreenJinn LTD (Aug 2015 – Sep 2015)
- General Manager, Mazara Central (Feb 2015 – Jun 2015)
- General Manager, Private Properties Management (Mar 2013 – Feb 2015)
- Advanced Web Interfaces with CSS3 and HTML5, City University London (2013)
- Web Programming Using PHP, City University London (2013)
UX/UI Designer and Developer
- Senior UX/UI Developer, SC Investment (Aug 2017 – Present)
- UX/UI Designer and Front-end Developer, BNP Paribas Turkey (Sep 2013 – Jul 2017)
- UX/UI Designer and Front-end Developer, BBVA Turkey (May 2007 – Sep 2013)
- Web Developer / Developer, Yildiz Holding Dateteknik (Jan 2006 – May 2007)
- Web Designer / Developer, Ad Interactive (Apr 2006 – Nov 2006)
- Master MBA, Istanbul University (2009 – 2011)
- Bachelor Engineering of Physics, Ankara University (2000 – 2006)
- Analytics Developer, Persistent ID (Jun 2018 – Aug 2018)
- SSO Developer (Single Sign-On), UBM plc (Sep 2016 – May 2018)
- Senior Developer, Think Design (Mar 2015 – Jul 2016)
- Front End Developer, Aegis (Nov 2014 – Feb 2015)
- Co-Founder, Fresh Genius (Nov 2010 – Oct 2014)
- Army Student, Army College (Jan 2000 – Dec 2000)
- THSHS, Bishop’s Stortford (Sep 1994 – Jun 1999)