What is a Human Resource (HR) Intern?
A Human Resource (HR) Intern helps recruiters and other Human Resource officers with reviewing resumes, posting job advertisements, conducting job interviews and other HR office tasks. HR intern is a short-term job position and is usually fulfilled by students or recent graduates looking to gain job experience.
HR Intern Duties
- Assisting with recruitment activities – creating sifting and interview packs, liaising with recruiting managers.
- Maintaining HR database.
- Providing general administrative support for both HR and Training activities.
- Contribute to content and manage social media channels.
- Management of inbound calls and emails.
- Support more senior members of the team.
- Creating contracts.
- Assisting with the review of departmental processes and procedures.
- Reporting key data.
- Tracking relevant information.
- Providing general assistance to expat employees.
- Provide a fresh perspective on existing business challenges.
- Ordering services with external providers.
- Maintaining personal records.
Common Skills and Requirements
Communication, Quick-Learner, Analysis of data
Average HR Intern Salary
Unpaid internships: €0
Paid Internships: Minimum local wage
HR Intern CV Examples
Recruiter Intern / Group People Development Specialist Intern
- Recruiter Intern, AT Meta Systems S.p.a (May 2018 – Present)
- Group People Development Specialist Intern, AT Chiesi Farmaceutici S.p.a., Italy (Nov 2017 – May 2018)
- Council Member and Rescuer, At Civil Protection (Jan 2014 – Present)
- Workaway Volunteer, At Madhyamaka Kadampa Meditation Centre (Aug 2016 – Sep 2016)
- Rescuer, At Public Assistance (Jun 2011 – Dec 2013)
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Labour Relations, University Of Modena & Reggio Emilia (Oct 2015 – Dec 2017)
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science and International Relations, University Of Parma (Oct 2011 – Mar 2015)
HR Intern / Order Picker
- HR Intern, Paysafe Group (Feb 2018 – Present)
- Order Picker, ITM Logistique Alimentaire International (May 2017 – Sep 2017)
- Internship, Hotel Zentral Center (Jan 2017 – Feb 2017)
- Internship, Silver Cross (May 2016 – Jun 2016)
- Bachelor’s Degree HR Management, University of Poitiers, France (2017 – 2018)
- Two-year technical degree Personal Assistant, Lycée Jean Macé (2015 – 2017)
- High School Diploma, Lycée Joseph Desfontaines (2014 – 2015)
Human Resources Intern
- Human Resources Intern, Net App (Jun 2016 – Jun 2017)
- Human Resources Administrator, Newman University (Jun 2015 – Sep 2017)
- Temporary Check Out Operator, ASDA Stores (Jul 2014 – Sep 2014)
- Temporary Sales Staff (Summer Sale), Next PLC (Jul 2014 )
- BA (Hons) Business Studies, Sheffield Hallam University (2014 – 2018)
- Common Purpose Level 6 Leadership Award (2017)
Microsoft Office, Oracle PeopleSoft, MHR iTrent HR system
HR Intern / Facilities Management Coordinatori
- HR Intern, Groupon (Feb 2018 – Apr 2018)
- Facilities Management Coordinator, Bank of America Merrill Lynch (Sep 2017 – Jan 2018)
- BA (Hons) Interior and Spatial Design, University Arts London (Jun 2017)
- Diploma L3 Art & Design, Haringey Sixth Form (Jul 2015)
HR Consultant Intern / Student Trainee
- HR Consultant Intern, InternChina Manchester (May 2018 – Present)
- Corporate Consultant Student Trainee, HRnext (Dec 2016 – Jul 2017)
- Corporate Consultant Intern, HRnext (Sep 2016 – Nov 2016)
- MSc International Human Resource Management, Manchester Metropolitan University, UK (2017 – Present)
- BA International Business and Management (2:1), University of Applied Sciences Bochum (2013 – 2017)
- Beisenkamp Grammar School (2004 – 2013)
Microsoft Office, SQL, ARIS-Platform, SAP ERP