What is an Industrial Engineer?
Industrial Engineers deal with the optimization of complex systems or processes and reduce waste that does not provide value-adding. The eliminated waste can be in the form of: energy, time, space, man-hours, machine time, materials, transportation, overproduction etc.
Industrial Engineer Duties
- Develop, analyse and troubleshoot production processes (both technical repair and support sides of the operation) through the use of engineering tools, methods and techniques.
- Utilizing knowledge of various manual and automation processing rates to support staffing, balancing, costing, scheduling and other business analytics.
- Apply Industrial Engineering theories of line, inventory and work-in-progress management to reduce production cycle times.
- Lead the development of lean production lines and line balancing, including for new product introductions.
- Improving work methods by analyzing methods and procedures to ascertain the most efficient way to perform all warehouse tasks. (Reducing steps, travel, non-value added time, and waste, deploying best practices, works amplification, staff planning, balancing, and identification/removal of barriers to productivity).
- Optimizing material flow (Travel reduction, process balancing, optimizing storage utilization and put-away logic, and efficient slotting).
- Monitoring and maintain a deep understanding of variables impacting key performance metrics, contributing input and support to team in achieving targets.
- Leading/supporting the continuous improvement programs for both facilities (with a focus on improving cost effectiveness; performance, utilization of systems, equipment and people, while maintaining a safe, quality and customer focused work environment).
- Managing a variety of projects including, but not limited to; Identifying and justifying new technology/automation solutions, standardization of best practices across facilities, costing, root cause analysis, design, process improvement, capacity improvement, material handling system and technology changes.
Common Skills and Requirements
Leadership, Analysis, Communication, Creativity, Time Management, Persistence
SAP, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office
Average Industrial Engineer Salary
€60,000 – €80,000 per year
Industrial Engineer CV Examples
- Continuous Improvement Intern, Yazaki Automotive Products, Tunisa (Jun 2017 – Aug 2017)
- Observation Internship, SICAD COALA (Jul 2016 – Aug 2016)
- Industrial Engineering Degree, Lean Manufacturing, National Engineering School of Bizertre in cooperation with Arts et Metiers ParisTech (2015 – 2017)
- Bachelor Degree in Technical Sciences, Ibn Khaldoun High School, Sidi Bouzid
SolidWorks, Prelude, Odoo, C, Java, UML, MATLAB, Microsoft Office
Industrial Engineer / Production Design Manager
- Production Design Manager, Royal Mail (1984 – 2004)
- Hands on operational work withing the curing department, Pirelli UK LTD (2005 – 2006)
- Industrial Engineer, Sealy UK Ltd, (2006 – 2009)
- Employment Broker, BTCV (2010 – 2011)
- Self Employed (2009 – Present)
Microsoft Office, AutoCAD
Industrial & Process Engineer
- Industrial & Process Engineer, Mibilbanho, Portugal (Jan 2017 – Dec 2017)
- I&D Project Manager, Fapomed, Portugal (Jul2013 – Nov 2016)
- Educational Psychologist, Cooperative Mulino Di Suardi, Italy (2012)
- Educational Psychologist, I.E.S. Arcebispo Xelmirez, Spain (2011 – 2012)
- Line Controller, Infineon, Portugal (2003 – 2011)
- Bachelor”s Degree in Educational Psychology, Oporto University (2011)
- Post Graduate in Industrial Engineering and Management, Minho University (2017)
Microsoft Office, PHC Enterprise, Arena / Simio, MS Project
Mechanical Industrial Engineer
- Airframe Manufacturing Engineer FAL LTA Internship, Airbus (Nov 2017 – Present)
- Industrial Engineer Internship, Magtel (Oct 2017 – Nov 2017)
- Industrial Engineer Internship, Solensur (Mar 2017 – May 2017)
- Technical Illustrator Internship, ITP (Mar 2015 – Jun 2015)
- Master in Global Supply Chain and Aeronautical Undustry Operations, University of Seville (Nov 2017 – Present)
- Master in Industrial Engineering, University of Seville (2017)
- Degree in Mechanical Engineerin, University of Extremadura, (2015)
Microsoft Office, Inventor, AutoCAD, Matlab, SolidWork, CATIA
Lead Industrial Engineer
- Lead Industrial Engineer, Jaguar Land Rover (Dec 2017 – Present)
- Industrial Engineer, Jaguar Land Rover (Dec 2014 – Nov 2014)
- Industrial Engineer, Michelin Romania Ltd (Aug 2010 – Nov 2014)
- Export Contracts Officer, Ductil S.A. Buzau, Romania (Jul 2004 – Jan 2006)
- Mathematics and Computer Science, North Greenville University, Greenville SC (2007 – 2009)
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Politechnica University of Bucharest (1999 – 2004)
Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Visio, VBA, AutoCAD