What is an Intern?
An internship is a short-term job position and is usually fulfilled by students or recent graduates looking to gain job experience. There are many different positions that interns can be assigned to and is usually related to the field of study, therefore what tasks are expected from the intern can vary greatly.
- Performing assigned tasks under supervision.
- Assisting colleagues.
- Running errands – like delivery of files, items or information.
- Manage electronic databases and input information.
- Set-up, organize, clean and prepare conference rooms, meeting rooms and other company workplaces.
- Attend company functions and events.
- Update and maintain social media accounts.
- Answer phone and reply to e-mails providing general answers and information.
- Perform clerical duties.
Common Skills and Requirements
Quick-learner, Working in a team, Communication
Average Intern Salary
Unpaid internships: €0
Paid Internships: Minimum local wage
Intern CV Examples
- Internship, Millenium Designs (Jun 2017 – Aug 2017)
- Internship, Mobius Architects (Jun 2016 – Aug 2016)
- BA Architecture, University of Liverpool (sep 2015 – present)
- International Baccalaureate, BD Somani International School (Aug 2010 – Jun 2014)
Sketchup, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Revit, Rhino, InDesign
Creative Designer / Graphic Design Intern
- Creative Designer Marketing Assistant, Orange Internet Shop (Feb 2017 – Mar 2018)
- Graphic Design Intern / Waiting Staff, Gambling Insider (Sep 2016 – Dec 2016)
- Freelance Illustrator on 3D Mural Installation, Amusement 13 (Apr 2015 – May 2015)
- Property Intern, Plentifield Marketing (Jan 2010 – Mar 2010)
- Gold Class Cashier, Golden Screen Cinemas (Sep 2010 – Oct 2010)
- MA Illustration & Animation, Coventry University (2015 – 2016)
- BA (Hons) Visual Communication, Distinction, Birmingham City University (2013 – 2015)
- Diploma in Advertising and Graphic Design, The One Academy (2010 – 2013)
Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, FontLab, AfterEffects, Premiere
- Internship, Pakistan International Airlines
- MSc. Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, University of Westminster (2018)
- MBA, Major in the field of Supply Chain Management, Mohammad Ali Jinnah University (2017)
- Bachelor’s degree with major subject’s economics, political science and history, University of Karachi (2015)
Exeter Student Volunteer / Unpaid Intern
- Exeter Student Volunteer, Publicity Sub-committee (2017 – 2018)
- Unpaid Intern, Ark Relocation Hong Kong (2017)
- CIPD Level 3 Certificate in Learning and Development, Avado Learning (2018)
- BA Business and Management, University of Exeter (2018)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma, West Island School (2015)
Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Final Cut
Intern / Operations Coordinator
- Intern, Bulgarian Ministry of Justice (2017)
- Operations Coordinator, Start-Up Pharmaceutical Company (2016)
- Part-Time Shop Assistant, Alcohol and Tobacco Store (2015)
- LLB Law (Hons), The University of Nottingham (2018)
- American College of Sofia, International High School in Sofia, Bulgaria (2015)