What is a Secretary?
Secretaries are supportive roles that help keep a company running smoothly by performing administrative and organisational tasks such as arranging appointments, answering calls, booking hotels and travel tickets, filing information etc.
- Secretaries are supportive roles that help keep a company running smoothly by performing administrative and organisational tasks such as arranging appointments, answering calls, booking hotels and travel tickets, filing information etc.
- Secretary Duties
- Deal with clients both over the phone and “meeting and greeting” in a courteous and professional manner.
- Organize IT equipment and provide support for the Directors.
- Organize meetings and conference calls including logistics i.e. booking meeting rooms, ordering catering, ensuring working equipment and circulating agendas.
- Deliver the timely and accurate submission of travel and entertainment expenses.
- Co-ordinate travel arrangements on a local and global basis including flights, hotels and full and detailed itinerary of all trips.
- Produce documents, spreadsheets and presentations as and when required.
- File information into an internal database.
- To ensure that all inbound customer contact is dealt with in a timely and on brand manner.
- Process customer telephone calls.
- Dealing with IT issues and ordering new IT equipment, raising all requests for system access and setting up desks for new starters.
- Maintaining an accurate record of staff absences through the online calendar and conducting quarterly reconciliation to identify potential bottlenecks.
- Updating project related tracking tools to monitor progress and escalation of issues.
Common Skills and Requirements
Communication, Reliability, Time Management, Team Player
Average Secretary Salary
€15,000 – €25,000 per year
Secretary CV Examples
Secretary / Office Manager
- Secretary / Office Manager, Aitchison Raffety, Hemel Hempstead (Aug 2011 – Present)
- Temporary Receptionist, Premier Foods, Orchard Recruitment Agency (Sep 2010 – Aug 2011)
- Part-Time Secretary/Administrator, Ascentia Lettings and Property Management (Sep 2010 – Aug 2011)
- PA / Secretary, Reed Employment (Apr 2007 – Sep 2010)
- School Office Secretary, Mary Hare Grammar School (Sep 2005 – Apr 2007)
- John F Kennedy RC School, Hemel Hempstead (1986)
- Dacorum College of Further Education, Hemel Hempstead (1988)
Medical Audio Secretary / Office Administrator
- Medical Audio Secretary, Moorfields Eye Hospital (2012 – Present)
- Office Administrator / Secretary, Rail Safety Provisions Limited (May 2007 – Sep 2012)
- Audio Typing Secretary, Dermatology Department (Jul 2002 – Feb 2004)
- Audio Secretary, Paddington Rail crash Inquiry (Aug 2000 – Jul 2002)
- Secretary, Medical Research Council Wolfson Unit (Mar 2000 – Jul 2000)
- 6 GCE O levels in English Language, English Literature, French, Art, History, Biology, St Anne’s School Chorleywood Herts
- 1 GCE A level in Government and Politics: Charters Towers Bexhill on Sea Sussex
Microsoft Office, Shorthand & Typing skills
Audio Secretary / Administrator
- Secretary, Clinical Assessment Services, Ambley Green (Oct 2005 – Jan 2018)
- Secretary / Administrator, Dietetics/Physiotherapy (2002 – 2005)
- Secretary, General Accident (1990 – 1997)
- Secretary/Customer Care Administrator, Prima Systems (1987 – 1990)
- Office Junior, Medway Windows (1984 – 1987)
- Rainham School For Girls (1976 – 1983)
Junior Secretary / Receptionist
- Medical Secretary for Consultant Psychiatrist (Aug 2013 – Present)
- Medical Secretary at Tameside NHS Trust (Sep 2008 – Jan 2013)
- Secretary to Professor of Rheumatology (Dec 1997 – Aug 2008)
- Secretary /PA to North West Regional MacMillan Nurse Consultant (Apr 1997 – Dec 1997)
- Medical Secretary/Receptionist at West Point Medical Centre (1988 – 1997)
Copy and audio typing speed of 70wpm
- Extensive diary management, BSG Solicitors LLP (May 2017 – Jun 2017)
- Secretarial Typesetting, DataSec Services (Jan 2016 – Present)
- Secretary, Bracher Rawlins LLP (Jun 2015 – Oct 2015)
- Legal Secretary, Law Choice et al (Nov 2007 – Dec 2015)
- Legal Secretary, TLT Solicitors (Apr 2007 – Oct 2007)
- Typewriting, Shorthand/Secretarial Studies, Typewriting and Audio typewriting, City & East London College (1984)
- English, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Art, Social Studies, Swahili, Dalston Mount School (1980)
Microsoft Office, BigHand, TotalSpeech, Dictaflow, iManage, Elite, Deltaviewm CorelDraw, Lotus, PageMaker